Monday, February 7, 2011

Physio Update

I had physio therapy today and it was really good! I asked about weight-bearing and if I should be getting ready for that. He said that I can just start on Friday when I feel comfortable and in my house to start where it is safe. He also said that he expects I won't have a lot of difficulty because the swelling is minimal and the range of motion is good! This was great news for me because it is hard to tell when it is your own foot! I also got a red thera-band so I can start doing my exercises with some resistance. He also suggested I put a towel on the floor and a book on the towel and use my foot to move the towel toward me and to the inside. I have also been picking up marbles with my toes (it's pretty easy!). I am excited to have more exercises to do. I finished my physio with a bike ride: 15 minutes on level 5! Pretty exciting! Four days to putting my foot down!! Six days to getting into the pool!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment