Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rehab Revisited

I have now been almost 5 weeks of walking without the boot. It seems like a long time. I still have pain when I walk long distances and standing really gets uncomfortable but I also have a lot of improvement. Sometimes it is difficult to even tell that I have a limp when I walk. My biggest discomfort is in the very back of my heel (where one of the screw scars is). I hope it isn't a screw problem.

I changed rehab regimens. I was going to a physio therapist who iced my foot, did TENS and therapeutic ultrasound. I posted details earlier (in January). The physio didn't change since then and when I asked about my tight calf muscles I was told they didn't matter. I was told the low pain near my screw scar is achilles tendonitis. The therapy didn't feel right (just moving my foot in different directions) so I went for a second opinion.

I now see a chiropractor who is treating the whole bio-mechanics in my post-surgery self. It makes sense that I walk differently, I have muscle-wastage that needs working on in my calf and thigh. My chiropractor does ART (Active Release Therapy), acupuncture, electro-acupuncture, and is treating my calf muscles and even my tight hip flexors. I also do stretching, work with a theraband, do lunges on a half-ball and the floor, and balance on a half-ball.

I feel this new regimen is really making a difference. I think it's critical to treat my whole body now that my foot is physically different.

6 comments:

  1. I had surgery on my posterior tibial tendon 6 weeks ago, got infection and had to have cast removed 3 times since. my foot still swells when it is not elevated and now I feel something in my heel, hope the screw is still in tact. I did not realize the recovery was so long until I read your notes. It is May 1 and I have a trip planned for to Mytrle Beach the end of June, now I am wondering if I will even be out of a cast by then. what poor timing. I walked on my foot for 3 months after i thought I sprained it. Too long I guess, I guess I am in for a long recovery, never thought I would be laid up this long. any comments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing info. Keep up the good work...We hope you will visit our blog often as we discuss topics of interest to you
    sustainable energy harvesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer in August of 2010. A precious friend told me about Dr Itua Herbal Center in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my cancer and i will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the fees which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure.I told Gomez my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after drinking it for two weeks i was cured I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with cancer to him and that what i'm doing.Dr Itua Herbal Medicine makes me believes there is a hope for people suffering from,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Cancer,Scoliosis,Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,Tach Disease,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lung Cancer,Skin Cancer,
    Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Uterine Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Fibromyalgia,a
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia ,Parkinson's disease,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,
    Diabetes ,Coeliac disease, Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Tach Disease,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpes,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Copd,Diabetes.
    Here Is His Contact Info......[Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ info@drituaherbalcenter.com. Whatsapp...+2348149277967]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have decided to make this post or testimony public. My husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s ten years ago. I loved my husband very much, and it was heartbreaking to have him develop Alzheimer's disease, and to stand by and watch him decline in his ability to take care of himself, struggling with day-to-day tasks. It takes away his memory and eventually the ability to do basic tasks. Alzheimer’s doesn’t just affect the person who is diagnosed, it also turns your world as caregiver, upside down if your loved one is grappling with the condition. To be clear, there is no pharmaceutical medicine, no magic pill that have any significant effect on the progressive downhill course of this disease. Not until we use a Herbal Medicine called BRONGEE that put an end to it. He has been well and living his best life. While there may be other different option to into. Never make your own success path a secret. There should be no shame. Contact Dr Rohan with dr.rohanronjohn@gmail.com, It may also help you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Classes wow... what a great blog, this writter who wrote this article it's realy a great blogger, this article so inspiring me to be a better person

    ReplyDelete
  6. Classes Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject!

    ReplyDelete