Sunday, January 23, 2011

Progress

Now that I have the air cast, I feel more comfortable moving around. When it swells, I can take some of the air out of my cast to relieve the pressure. Yesterday, my sister, Sue, took me shopping. I bought stuff to make a delicious soup and a ready-made salad and a loaf of fresh bread. I came home and sat at the table and chopped vegetables and instructed Hazel on what to do with the ingredients. Together we made soup! It felt good to be cooking again!

I take my foot out of the cast 4-5 times per day and move my foot back and forth. Last night it was quite swollen after all my activity. Even this morning (Sunday), it was still swollen ... more so than Friday. I had another long soak in the bath and scrubbed my foot. It is interesting how much skin is peeling off (yuck).

I find I have to deflate / inflate the cast frequently to get the right amount of stability without discomfort. I'm guessing I'll get used to it soon and will get better at knowing how much is needed either way.

So, I think I'm making progress. I am looking forward to starting physio therapy next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment