Thursday, December 23, 2010

Going outside

Today was a good day (day 9). I went outside for the first time since leaving the hospital to come home. I spent the morning visiting my in-laws with Donny, Hazel, and Woody. It was fun to get out and to have a visit. I used a hat on my right foot (socks won't fit) but it fell off on my way up their outdoor stairs.

I think the feeling is coming back in the top part of my baby and next-to-baby toes. They are tingling and sore like major pins and needles. When I run my finger over them it feels like it does when you have a piece of glass in your foot and rub it. I hope this is a good sign!

Only 3 percocets left ... 'nuf said.

I just "crutched" to the end of the street to deliver a thank-you in person to Sue for all the delicious food she's been bringing me and no one was home!! Crutching that far was a challenge! Hazel came with me to pick me up if I fell but I didn't. But it was surprisingly hard on my hands. It would be hard to crutch that far on a regular basis but hopefully my hands and legs (yes, plural, "legs" -- the one with the bad foot has to hold up the heavy cast) and arms will get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment